Please come back to visit this page at regular intervals. This is where we will post most of the practical workshop information.
- Q Where do we meet for the first session on Monday afternoon?
- A We meet in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel, at 4 PM: We will take a walk up on the Stanford Campus. Please check the latest version of the program for details.
- Q Where do we meet for the first session on Tuesday?
- A We meet on the Shriram room SB33 – In the new Bioengineering building — I will post a map direction to it. This will be our base for the entire week. Likely, we will move to another, closer seminar room for some variation — and also to the d.School of at least one session.
- Q Where will be having our Stanford sessions?
- A Se above — we will have the Shriram room SB33 as our base. It seats 18-20. Rooms are scare on campus right now due to start-up semester classes. But if we can, we will move around a little bit.
- Q What is covered by the workshop fee?
- A The fee covers all Stanford costs, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, and in-town taxi/transportation.
- Q What do I need to do to prepare?
- See the comments below:
- We ask everyone to prepare a presentation of self and ongoing project interest/issue/challenge that you are working on. We will want everyone to have about 5-10 minutes during the first regular morning session (on Tuesday), for such a presentation. If anyone wants to make a more extensive presentation, lets us know.
- We ask everyone to prepare a half page long CV/BIO including a small passport size digital photo, sent to us in order for us to make a presentation page more meaningful to all participants and outside guests. Please have this ready as soon as you can and send it to us before you leave from Norway/South Africa. Here is a link to that page, so you can see an example of the requested participant bio.
MORE PRACTICAL INFORMATION ITEMS WILL FOLLOW. USE THE COMMENTS FIELD BELOW TO ASK.